The Atkins diet achieved peak fad status in 2004, and though it’s since been replaced by Palm Bay Wildlife Removal trendy new methods of losing weight, it has had a lasting impact on how people view weight loss. Atkins recommended that dieters reduce their intake of carbohydrates. But that can be more difficult than it sounds. Here are some simple ways to cut carbohydrates from your diet without sacrificing all your favorite foodstuffs.
1. Reduce the Juice- Fruit juice isn’t as healthy as people once thought. Cutting fruit juice out from your diet may eliminate a source of carbs you might not have even been watching out for.
2. If you can’t resist eating pizza, opt for the thin crust variety rather than deep dish. You can still get your cheese and tomato sauce repair without eating as many carbohydrates.
3. Wrap It Up- Sacrificing sandwiches and burgers is one of the toughest things about going low carb. But if you”think outside the bun,” you can still enjoy many of the flavors you love, just low carb. The solution? Substitute lettuce wraps for the bun on your hamburger or the bread on your turkey sandwich. You will drastically lower the carbohydrate content and still have something to grip.
4. Substitute Your Spaghetti- A spiralizer is the kitchen invention you never knew you needed-and it’s shockingly affordable, with many opting for under $30.
5. Replace Your Rice- Rice, such as pasta, is a carb-heavy starch that’s omnipresent in many cuisines. But you don’t need to give up on Chinese or Indian food entirely just because you’re counting carbs. It’s got a similar feel and absorbency, and when it’s loaded up with curry or broccoli beef, you’ll barely notice a difference.
6. Alter Your Chips- Potato chips are one of these snacks that it’s really tough to let go of. If you’re craving that crunch, try kale chips, which offer the same snackability with fewer carbs and a host of other health benefits.
7. Proceed with Protein for Breakfast- Even healthy breakfast cereals like granola and oatmeal are high in carbs. But if you start your day with a protein, especially eggs, you won’t get off on the wrong foot. Eating protein early in the day also kick-starts your digestive system and helps you begin burning fat when you exercise.
8. Skip the Starch- While you want veggies to stay healthy on your low-carb diet, you want to prevent the starchier varieties. Potatoes are a clear no-go, but are sweet potatoes, despite being healthy otherwise. Other covertly starchy veggies include carrots, peas, and corn. The next time you need a vegetable side or need to add something to a salad, reach for a few bell peppers, broccoli, asparagus, or artichokes.
The paleo and keto diets both take a page from Atkins’ book by indicating you cut down on carbohydrates.